So, how's mommy life??

I am constantly amazed at how many times a day I am still asked this question. The people I work with are truly amazing and although we don't really have time to actually socialize, -- hello politics, thank you for entering the educational field, running teachers into the ground and inducing an all time burnout high -- they are always so friendly and supportive. Anyway, I digress. Life as a momma is better than I ever could have imagined. As crazy as it sounds, even though our lives have been turned upside down, the change is almost unnoticeable. Life with R is so natural, so fulfilling, that I can't believe I ever existed without him. He is a different baby everyday and never ceases to amaze me. So, while I'm exhausted and have to pencil in bathroom breaks, I wouldn't dare miss a minute. Life is stressful. I am torn a million different ways. Yet, I am hard-pressed to think of one thing I would change.

I'm not sure this natural air would even be possible if it weren't for how incredibly wonderful of a daddy R has. I am shocked by the number of people who ask about R like I am running the show solo. It saddens me to think of the number of women who must "do it all" while I am lucky enough to do all I want, fully supported. E and I are equal partners in this parenting gig.


Side note: Hello, my names is J and I often voice my goals with wild abandon, long before there is any hope of them being met. It has been 17 days since I claimed I was going to be an avid blogger and primo photographer. However, I've no doubt you understand my lackluster blog, as I wrangle hormonal preteens by day and tackle supermommy/wife responsibilities following the bell's toll. Sooner or later, I will be a real mommyblogger.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP