{Perfection}

I have always derived the utmost joy from ignoring the responsibilities and requirements of life and just existing.  You know lying in bed an extra hour on Saturday, wide awake but reading and listening to the bustle of everyone else filling the house with their discussions, distractions, and cleaning always cleaning...or cooking.  Lounging in the bathtub even though I know I should get out to write lesson plans or finally let E use the bathroom.  I value these opportunities as my me time, until now. 

Because now, there is R. 
And my me time is we time. 

And my we time is perfection. 

Serious, puppies dogs sliding down rainbows after a spring shower into a pot of gold, perfection.  Or, if you will, television stations magically aligning to allow for a whole day marathon of David Boreanaz, preferably filled with shirtlessness, perfection.

I love filling my me moments with him.  Sometimes I want to lock the two of us in a bubble so that I can just watch him and hold him but then I realize how much we would miss out on.  Splashing with our feet in a warm bubble bath.  Walking around the outdoor mall and screaming over the stroller at each person who passed.  Practicing talking to E only to prove that his preference of "heeeyyy" over hi, or hello, the preference which I instilled cannot be broken.  Pulling Jasper's hair, because if a soft pat is good and hard yank must be better.  Learning to give kisses and hugs.  Saying "momma" and using it correctly even if it was just a one in fifty occurrence.  So instead I settle, and long, for our Saturday mornings when it is just the two of us, our "Momma and RowRow" days.  I awake to giggles and squeals of delight to find R eating his toes or watching the birds out the window.  We cuddle over a bottle, share a few stories, and then lay down for our morning nap.  The fact that we have only been awake 45 minutes is ignored and we cuddle, he in the crook of my arm, sun streaming through the window, my face in his hair and his in my chest, and we sleep. 

Because now, there is R. 
And my me time is we time. 

And my we time is perfection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP