{My First Mother's Day}

I woke up yesterday to slobbery kisses from my boy and amazing gifts from the hubs. Seriously, he gave me a gift for each role I play in life. Some teething bling for my momma life, a DS cooking game for my wife life, a teaching guide for my teacher life, and a novel for my me time. Beautiful. He gets me, appreciates me, and is more than I deserve. But I still couldn't wrap my head around the day being about me. After all, I wouldn't even be a mother to celebrate mother's day if it weren't for Rowan. So, I spent the whole day in absolute awe of him. I swear ever thing he did made me melt which isn't really any different than normal, but I noticed the melting. I am blessed.

Speaking of being blessed, I also had trouble focusing on me because I couldn't help but think of my own mother and how much I understand her now. It's almost uncomfortable how much I get it. Understanding a mother's love first hand is honestly the only possible way to understand it. Nothing else allows you to comprehend that depth and breadth. Knowing that someone else feels that way is almost too intimate, too personal, but alters your relationship to them forever. I know my mother's love and dedication now because I know my own. I cry when my child cries. I feel my heart burst when he laughs. I consider him with every decision I make and he never, never leaves my thoughts. At this point, I feel his emotions more intensely than he does. I love him in a way the word love doesn't do justice.

Thank you mom for loving me as only a mother can.

5 comments:

Amy May 10, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

I LOVE your header! I am glad you had a great first Mother's Day, I did also! Here's to many more!
thank you for joining Monday Meetup!

GroverFamily May 10, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

Hi! Stopping by from Monday Meetup...great post on being a Mom. I totally agree that you have no idea how much your mom loves you until you have a baby of your own to love.

A May 11, 2010 at 6:26 AM  

Thanks for following me. I've browsed your site and loved reading through your posts!! Can't wait to follow you as you post about your family - especially that little cutie!! :)

Blogs May 11, 2010 at 8:23 AM  

I knew the moment I graduated high school I wanted nothing more than to be a mother...It's the most amazing feeling in the world and blessed is correct! The word mother is indescribable:) I love slobbery kisses-the best....glad you had the best day! xoxo

Carol May 12, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

Just droppin in from the d-list. Motherhood is so powerful, especially in the bond that it creates with your own mother.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP