{Welcome to My Corner of the Interwebs}

I'm participating in a blog hop this week over at D-Listed Mom Blogs and want to welcome new readers to my humble abode.

-->I'm Jamie.  I'm a working momma who teaches middle school English.  My husband is finishing his doctorate (Read: writing a dissertation) in Education which sometimes makes me feel like a single momma too.  But, I'm not.  He's amazing, supportive, and oh so perfect at everything house, marriage, and daddy related.  He's just super busy.  We have the most wonderful little boy!  He just turns 6 months old and has rewritten my understanding of life.

--> This blog started, like so many others I'm sure, as a way to keep our families updated on my pregnancy and then it didn't... because I couldn't stay motivated to write. I was pregnant ya'll. I slept every chance I got and I can't type in my sleep. As soon as Rowan was born I realized he was a much more interesting topic. The family wanted pictures and stories. I needed an outlet to feel like myself again. So, the blog was reborn, stronger and better than ever.

--> No, but really, I use to look down upon people who blogged. I was a snob. I couldn't understand why someone would create a diary for all of the world to see.  Now, I go through the day saying to myself, "Ooo I can't wait to blog about this."  So maybe I'm still a snob on occasion, but I'm a snob who blogs and really wants to be part of this amazing community of bloggers who support one another on everything from multi-colored poos to death and tragedy.  Be my friend please and I'll be yours.  It will be great! 

-->  This summer will be the first I'm not working at all.  Neither is my husband.  I can't wait for a summer full of family time, friends, blogging and photography.  Sidenote: I'm teaching myself photography.  I'm hoping this blog will be a great way to chart my progress.   

-->  At this point some of you may be questioning if I really am a teacher based on my writing skills.  I can write.  Really.  However, I spend all day teaching perfect grammar and marking on papers until they bleed green ink.  I also teach my students that the way the talk can adapt and fit their situation.  This is my blog.  My home.  Where I come to relax.  I rarely proof read and don't care if my writing is perfect.  This is a sanctuary for me, where only content matters. 

-->  I am truly blessed.

-->  I hope you come back to visit.  I can't wait to read your stories. 

-->  While your here, stick around to read about my definition of perfection, my love/ hate relationship with the universe, and - as always- some completely random facts.

12 comments:

Booyah's Momma May 17, 2010 at 4:21 AM  

Just stopping by from the D-List. I am a former blog snob myself, so I can relate.

Your little one is adorable! Also, wish I would have found those numbered onesies for my own!

Alissa May 17, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Thanks for participating in the blog hop! I LOVE your son. I think Molly has a crush on him :)

Amy May 17, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

I love yoru blog and your pics! Where did you get those month onesies?!?!?!? You have a new follower!

Jenn May 17, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

Love your pictures!! So cute and love the little month outfits too!!
Stopping by from blog party!
Jennifer
www.lebedafamily.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  May 17, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

Blog party crasher :) Your son is adorable! I see he is 6 months? when was he born? My daughter is 6 months, born Nov 10. Looking forward to reading more!

Belle's Butterfly May 18, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

Stopping by from the blog party. Your son is adorable. I started my blog as a pregnancy blog which lasted a whole 2 posts. Once Belle was born I wanted to show our families to millions of pictures I was taking of her.

Rachel Cairns May 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

doing the blog hop! i skimmed some of your posts and enjoyed them, so I'm following you and will read more when I don't have a baby banging on the computer :)

Heather May 18, 2010 at 9:22 PM  

Stopping by to say hi from the d-list! As a doc student myself, I can sympathize with you about feeling like a single mom. It's freakin' hard to to go school AND raise a baby. (And in a husband who does the same... some people might call us insane!) haha

What is your husband going to school for? I'm just curious b/c I am working on my doctorare in school psychology. I have a Masters in Education.

Love the pics in your "Watch me grow" section. The onesies are adorable! If I was a good mommy, I would have done something like that....

:o) Look forward in getting to know you. I'm your newest follower!

Unknown May 18, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

Came by for the d-list blog party!! What a cute blog and baby you have. I have friends who did their PhD and it truly is all encompassing, I wish all the best to your family. It sounds like you have an amazing summer planned and I hope that you truly get a chance to enjoy your family!amber :) ps. I'm following now!

Little Bishops May 19, 2010 at 4:02 PM  

Loved reading your posts! I'm your newest follower stopping from the d-list party. I'm SLOWLY working my way down the list...I'm at like 95 or something! I have a long way to go just to get to my own! I look forward to reading more.

KLZ May 21, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

I'm a blog snob too!! There's still a whole subset of people I don't mention the blog to because I don't want to have to explain it.

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life May 23, 2010 at 1:53 AM  

I also love photography!! I am teaching myself also, I am not good yet :) I wish I could take a class, but we will see sometime! Your son is adorable!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP